Monday, November 1, 2010

Quilts! Quilts! Quilts!

The Queensland Quilt Show has come & gone - these are the three quilts I had in the show.  This one is part of the Serwood Stitchers display of our Round Robins.   Sherwood Stitchers is just one of the groups I belong to. 

This piece was the result of a workshop with an American tutor, Jane Sassaman janesassman.com- she showed me I can draw & design.  We used a photo or a real flower & expanded on what we saw.  Then we had fun using our machines & all those fancy stitches that are rarely, if ever, used.
This was my entry into Queensland Quilters Challenge for 2010.  We received a fat quarter of fabric - it had lots of leaves in greens & pinks & I decided to play with some techniques.  I had fun with it.  The entire Challenge was displayed at this year's show.

No comments:

Post a Comment