Thursday, November 24, 2011

Stitch Sampler

Have also been in HerShed - making these stitch samplers. Not an original idea but one I got from the book, Threads The basics & beyond written by Debbie Bates & Liz Kettle.  Borrowed from Qld Quilters library & am going to work my way through it over Christmas (or so the dream is!). 

This took quite a few hours but I do feel it was worth it - now I know what every stitch on my machine actually looks like. Ther exercise also made me a bit more aware of tension, needles, feet etc.  Glad I persevered. It'll be a great reference once the book is returned to the library.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, good you persevered! What fun stitches and now you have the visual and the hands on experience. My machine is very old school but it does have zigging and zagging and there is a place to drop in some cams to make some fancy stitches but I have no idea where they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had one of those machines - these days they are a little less complicated - press a button or two & away you go.

    ReplyDelete