Thursday, January 9, 2020

Meditation

This piece is called 'Meditation 1' - the buzz word these days seems to be 'slow stitching' or meditation through stitch - I just know that I thoroughly enjoyed making this piece and I didn't know what to call it.  

It's hung on an old reel.  A friend threw out some pieces of linen (she had unpicked a jacket with the thought of doing something with it but never got around to do anything!)

At our Qld Quilters' Art Quilt group we have a bin of fabric that's been donated & so the linen jacket pieces ended up there. I took them home not really knowing what I would do.

I cut (free-hand) strips from the pieces and started stitching randomly, adding buttons occasionally.

This first one is hanging in my home.  It was a really delightful experience and I've produced 2 more from this same jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment