Friday, October 21, 2011

Queensland Quilters Annual Show

What a surprise - I won Third Prize for this little quilt in the the Predominantly Pieced, Amateur, Section.  I loved doing this quilt - the pattern was frrom an Australian Patchwork & Quilting magazine - although I changed the background blocks to use up some gingham I have had in the cupboard forever and then raided the stash for the applique petals & took them overseas to have some easy handwork to do. It just never entered my head that "Petals on Ginham" could win a prize. Check out other prize winners at http://www.qldquilters.com/

Here is my "Daughter of the Forest" entrant - she was up against some really hot competition - she survived the January floods and I have no doubt she'll survive & have more stories to tell.

3 comments:

  1. So happy to see that quilt win - it's fresh and really carries the tradition with a new twist. But your lovely daughter - she will be much admired at the show, and will have other outings I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Chris! Love the daughter quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's terrific, congrats!

    ReplyDelete