Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Inner City Circle Quilt Show

It became a very wet day for our Quilt Show but it did not deter our visitors. 

Our outdoor covered area for the quilt display - it would have looked really lovely on a sunny day. Thank you to all our friends, family and visitors who braved the weather to support our group.  We made over $2000.00 for Karuna Hospice, our charity.  This charity support families & patients with paliative care.

"Kitchen Chooks" - one of my quilts - loved the look of these chooks. For my overseas readers who don't know this fact, Aussies call chickens - chooks! Not sure why - maybe it's close to the sound they make  - who knows.

"Gingham Petals" - another of mine - hand applique petals and centre, machine pieced and hand quilted with black perle cotton in big stitches.  I was very pleased with the way it turned out.  I forgot to get permission from the other girls, so, until I do, I can't show you any other quilts.  I will correct that over the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment