Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Busy Weekend

Most weekends are chock-a-block in my life.  Last weekend was no exception.  Did manage a little sleep-in, then it was off to the West End Markets to say 'Hello' to my niece.  Opposite her stall I spotted the above quilt - machine pieced but hand quilted in 'delightful' 70's browns & oranges - at least I think it dates from then - will stand corrected on that. I don't often find bargains but I felt this one was at $20.00. 
It's queen-sized.

 Schoolhouse Quilters had their Quilt Show at Miegunyah, an historical house in Brisbane & the Qld Quilters' Study Group (I'm a member) talked to anyone interested about the antique quilts that are housed at Miegunyah.  This one  is made from woollen pieces - not sure if they were samples - they were machine pieced & then each seam was hand stitched with a feather stitch.
Saturday afternoon, I was privileged to attend the opening of an exhibition -"Undercurrents" - by three friends, Trisha, Mel & Felicity.  The exhibition was wonderful - all three should be really proud of their work.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Chris, so glad you enjoyed the opening and the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete