Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Finished quilt tops

I was really pleased with work achieved at the Retreat - this top is ready for a couple of small bits of applique, then it will be quilted .............

Well - this one - PPP (Purple Paddo Patchers) girls asked me to give instructions for a sampler quilt.  I had never done one so thought I had better do the blocks as well, grabbed a bunch of coordinated fat 1/4s - was not really happy with the resulting blocks - they looked so boring.  However, now that the top is finished - I quite like it, it turned out much better than I thought (perhaps a bit like teenagers - you give them sound building blocks, maybe boring blocks, let them mature a bit & voila! you have a pretty decent adult...... one day!) Next step basting & then quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment