Monday, November 22, 2010

Workshop Treat & Welcome Home!

A week or so ago, I had the absolute pleasure of doing a workshop with Gloria Loughmann http://www.glorialoughman.com/ - "Light up your Landscape".  I chose a sunset with the Dresden, Germany, skyline & am really pleased with my interpretation.  Under Gloria's guiding hand, I tackled painting fabric to dull of the water & then a stencil to make a reflection.  I even thread stitched the forms of buildings into the shadows. But, above all, I finished it in the 2 day workshop!!!! Just wonderful.
Last Thursday, had lunch with HofM & middle son before he went back to work the following day.  We ate at a Thai Restaurant on Park Road.  Don't know if they had sussed out my companions, but they asked if we wanted to sit in the garden (it was drizzling a little).  We were the only ones outside. This used to be the furniture store, Samsara, in an earlier life & the back garden is left over from that.  Do love the Asian/Bali infuences for gardens.



The boys are all home & another brigade is now over in Afghanistan.  Being selfish, I am just happ my son is home.  HofM, son's girlfriend & I attended the march through Brisbane on Saturday morning.  It was a good turn out for the boys & he said it was really noisy around King George Square.  We did see him amongst all the khaki & desert camos, smiling - I think a bit embarassed by a mother who was wildly waving when I saw him.  At least I didn't run into the line to hug him!  I do have SOME self-control.
Well done, boys & girls & welcome home.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris, I like what you did with Gloria's workshop, your daughters can go on OS trips now.

    ReplyDelete