Sunday, August 22, 2021

Portrait of One Lady

Nothing too exciting has happened this year.  However, our Royal National Show (the Ekka) decided to go ahead with the judging of the Quilts Across Queensland despite the whole show being cancelled (thank you to COVID).  I was really surprised and pleased to be awarded a 3rd in the category - Small Quilt, any Technique.
The background was a tablecloth embroidered by my sister who passed away in 2001.  I cut it up to make a relative square and added the machine sketched portrait of a lady and hand quilted the background.

I like to think my sister would have been pleased with this ribbon too.

 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the ribbon!

    So many cancellations last year and this. I wonder if in 2022 we will be able to make firm plans again?

    ReplyDelete